Beginning Teachers Study
What is the Beginning Teachers Study?
The Beginning Teachers Study has been funded by the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (SSHRC). A variety of scholars from multiple disciplines related to education (equity and diversity, human rights, advocacy, disability studies and special education) across Canada are collaborating on the the important issue of creating competent and confident teachers for the inclusive classroom.
We are interested in the self-efficacy, beliefs and instructional practices of beginning teachers, identifying the factors that shape their development over time and in the context of their initial teaching experiences. Our intent is to follow beginning teachers throughout their program and beyond into their first years of teaching to determine how new teachers develop their practice to teach in our increasingly diverse classrooms.
Please see the Newsletters for more information and updates.
- Beginning Teachers Study News Spring 2018
- Beginning Teachers Study News Spring 2017
- Beginning Teachers Study News Spring 2016
- Beginning Teachers Study News Summer 2016
- Bulletin de Nouvelles printemps 2017
- Bulletin de Nouvelles Mars 2016
- Bulletin de Nouvelles été 2016
- Bulletin de Nouvelles printemps 2018