Dr. Jeffrey MacCormack
Dr. Jeffrey MacCormack is an assistant professor of Educational Psychology and Inclusion at the University of Lethbridge Faculty of Education. As a former classroom teacher, Dr. MacCormack's research on after-school programs, executive functions, social competence, and play-based learning is also informed by 10 years of experience teaching elementary students and many years of teaching post-secondary adult learners. His work has focused on creating spaces where youth can thrive. He also has an orange-tabby Persian kitten, who is a troublemaker.
Dr. MacCormack prefers the pronouns “he” and “him.” You can contact him by email (email@example.com) or by phone (403-329-2433).
- play-based learning
- social competence of youth with autism spectrum disorder
- inclusive classroom practice and perception
- perceptions of (dis)ability
- collaborating with parents of students with special needs
Current Course Topics
- Educational Psychology of Exceptional Learners
- Research Methods
- Behaviour and Emotion in the Classroom